About MATCH Chicago
MATCH Chicago is a matching grants program which aims to spark dynamic new funding relationships for Jewish day school education. Funded by the AVI CHAI Foundation and Crown Family Philanthropies, MATCH Chicago grants matching funds for new gifts of at least $5,000 from qualifying donors to Jewish day schools in the Chicago area. Individual schools may receive up to $50,000 in matching funds.
- This must be the donor's first gift in support of Jewish day school education or at least a five times increase from their previous gift or the combined total of their gifts to Jewish education in a fiscal year; whichever amount is greater
- All gifts must be at least $5,000 in US$ to be eligible for MATCH
MATCH funding is available for gifts to Chicago-area Jewish day schools paid between February 2, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- MATCH will award up to $400,000 in matching funds.
- For every $1 donated, eligible schools will receive an additional $0.50 in matching funds (1:2 match ratio).
- The maximum matching funds that an individual school can receive is $50,000.
- The maximum matching funds that a single gift can receive is $50,000.
- Matching funds will be awarded on a rolling basis beginning February 2015 and will be paid to schools by January 15, 2016 upon receipt of gift payment documentation
- All applications must be submitted via email by Monday, November 2, 2015.
Terms and Conditions
Grant eligibility will be determined according to amount and payments in US$. Matching funds will be calculated according to the currency exchange rate valid on February 2, 2015. Matching grants are only available for gifts payable to a Jewish day school between February 2, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
Matching grants are available only for a minimum gift of U.S. $5,000 and will be matched to a maximum of U.S. $50,000. Gifts must be cash (checks or wire transfers) or transfers of publicly traded stock. Illiquid stocks, annuities, Israel Bonds, or other slowly maturing instruments are not allowed. Gifts that are made in the form of tangible goods such as Torah scrolls, land, computer equipment or any other items given in place of cash or stock can not be matched.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm Eastern, Monday, November 2, 2015. Submission of an application prior to the deadline does NOT guarantee matching funds. All applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting February 15, 2015 by a committee comprised of MATCH representatives, and all decisions will be at their sole discretion. The determination of MATCH shall be final, binding and conclusive as to all questions and decisions of eligibility and grants.
Matching grants will be paid once donors and schools are notified of the award and payment of the approved gift by the donor to the school is verified. MATCH requires a copy of a canceled check, the wire receipt for the amount of the gift or other proof deemed satisfactory by MATCH for payment verification purposes. All gift documentation must be submitted by Friday, January 15, 2016. Matching funds will not be issued unless proper gift documentation is on file. Please review the complete MATCH Payment Verification Procedures available at www.dayschoolmatch.org.
MATCH and its Funders do not make any statement or representation as to the tax consequences of the receipt by a Grantee of any award, grant or funds from the program. Donors and prospective donors should consult their own tax, accounting and legal advisers regarding the tax or other treatment of matching grants. The terms and conditions and availability of MATCH Matching Grants are subject to change and/or termination at any time.
All applications will be reviewed by representatives of MATCH and all decisions of eligibility will be at the sole discretion of MATCH. The determinations of MATCH shall be final, binding and conclusive as to all questions and decisions of donor eligibility, school eligibility and grants.
The terms and conditions and availability of MATCH Matching Grants are subject to change and/or termination at any time.
Questions: Please contact Suzanne Kling Langman, MATCH Coordinator with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or via voicemail at 212-396-8858.